Union Creek Campground Complex to open; others to follow
In collaboration with the Wallowa Whitman National Forest (WWNF), Anthony Lakes Mountain Resort (ALMR) is excited to announce the opening of Union Creek Complex and Anthony Lake Complex campgrounds.
Following Covid-19 precautions, including guidance provided by the CDC and Oregon Health Authority for parks and recreation facilities, ALMR will open the following facilities on Monday, June 8, 2020:
- Union Creek Campground, Day Use area, and Boat Launch (Phillips Reservoir)
- Southwest Shore Campground (Phillips Reservoir)Miller Lane Campground (Phillips Reservoir)
- McCully Forks Campground (Sumpter)
The Anthony Lake Guard Station is also scheduled to open on June 8th. Anthony Lake Campground Complex will open as soon as snow levels allow. This would include the following:
- Anthony Lake Campground
- Mud Lake (Group Site only)
- Grande Ronde Campground
Antlers Guard Station and Peavy Cabin will remain closed until further notice. Any existing reservations for Antlers and Peavy will be notified and refunds will be issued until the closure is lifted.
Along with everyday Covid guidelines and Social Distancing requirements, ALMR staff will be taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of staff and guests.
ALMR asks that the public respect Social Distancing guidelines and help encourage others to do the same. Guests are asked to take notice of new signage and information in/around the campground facilities to ensure the health and safety of staff and guests. Cooperation will benefit all recreationists and help to allow the campgrounds to remain open.
The public is asked to heed the following guidelines:
- Avoid congregating in parking lots for periods longer than reasonable to retrieve/return gear and enter/exit vehicles.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance between parties on trails, boat ramps, etc..
- Limit 25 people maximum in Group Sites.
- Follow normal/everyday social distancing and Covid-19 precautions.
In addition to State and Federal guidelines, ALMR staff will take the following precautions:
- All bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily at a minimum.
- Fish cleaning stations will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily.
- Water Faucets will be cleaned in between use at day sites and regularly for common use.
- All staff will wear masks/face coverings when on the job.
- All rental cabins will be cleaned and disinfected in-between each renter until current restrictions are lifted.
Reservations for Union Creek Campground, Anthony Lake Campground, Mud Lake Group Site, and the Anthony Lake Guard Station can only be made through Recreation.gov. Walk up sites are also available. Please visit Recreation.gov for campground details.
ALMR looks forward to another great summer of camping and recreating in Baker County. As always, ALMR encourages you to get outside to (safely and responsibly) recreate!
Any Union Creek or Anthony Lakes campground related questions can be directed to email@example.com or call 541-894-2332.
Anthony Lakes Mountain Resort LLC., operates in partnership with the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest under a special use permit, and is an equal opportunity provider.